Google maps come with life saving features known as real life location that enables you to share live location with your friends and family. While sharing a live location, you have entire control on the privacy of your profile. It is one of the features of Google maps that is available on both Android and iOS devices.
The real time option for location sharing was initially available for only Google Plus users. Eventually, it turned out to be a part of Google maps when Google ruled out the new feature in March 2017. Many users have used the feature on Google maps since then. This article will feature how real time sharing of location on Google map works and how to use it.
How Google Map Live Location Functions
If you want to share your Google map live location on Google maps this is what you need to do:
- First of all you need to open Google map live online on your Android or iOS device.
- Secondly you need to tap on the Blue dart that represents your current location on a live Google map.
- You are going to see three options that will appear on your screen showing nearby locations, sharing your location option and saving your parking option.
- Make sure to click on share your location option.
- You are going to see a new screen that will highlight numerous options on whom you are going to share the location with and for how long.
- The Google earth live map will help you decrease or increase the time duration for which you want to share the location. If you want to share it for an indefinite period you can choose the “until you turn this off” option.
- You can pick the person that you want to share your location with by simply scrolling to the right side or choosing any one of the channels stated below your contacts thread.
- The recipient you choose will get the alert or notification that you are attempting to share your live location.
- By tapping on the unique link appearing on the notification message, the recipient can land on Google maps and track the position for the required period of time.
How do I turn live location on on Google Map
Checking Google map live online location is easy when you are navigating a route. It will help you navigate and discover places in the real world with the help of Google map live location. Your device needs to be compatible with ArKit or ARCore and the walking area needs to have good street view coverage for live view on Google map.
When you open a live Google map, Google earth live map will give a message on your phone to access your camera. It offers two views for navigation when you are walking. One is the live view and one is the 2D map view. With the live view option, you get your directions placed in the real world located on the mini map option at the bottom of your mobile screen. These are the steps that can help you:
- First of all you need to open the Google maps app on your Android Phone or tablet.
- You need to enter the destination or click it on the map in the search bar.
- Now click on directions.
- Click on the walking option located in the travel mode toolbar above the map.
- Now click on the live view in the bottom centre of the map.
- You need to follow the on screen instruction to help Google map discover your location.
- Once Google maps on the stands where you are you are going to get the directions with the help of the camera view on your screen. For prolonged battery usage and safety purposes we would like to suggest you to put your phone away once you know where to go.
- When you reach your destination or your next navigation step, your phone will vibrate.
- If you want to return to the live view just tilt your phone to the vertical position or click on the life you button.
You can also choose the alternate options between live view and the 2D map view. It is when you move your smartphone from the vertical position to the horizontal position. The tilting feature turns on and you can follow the steps to modify your setting:
- In the top right corner you are going to tap your profile picture and click on settings and then go to navigation settings.
- Turn off the live view under the walking options.
- Now turn off the tilt option.
How Can We See Live Satellite View Of House
When you open live Google map or Google map live online, you can also see the live satellite view of house. You can take the benefit of Google Earth high definition satellite images by using Google Earth live map. Looking for the satellite view of your own house works on all versions of Google Earth. If you need to find your own house, you need to follow these steps below:
- Make sure to navigate to the search box located on the top left corner of live Google map and enter your address.
- Make sure to double click on your address when the search results arrives and Google Earth will take you to your neighbourhood.
- Now you need to drag the pegman option to access the street view and take a close look at your home.
- Make sure to use the button located on the top right corner to switch between the ground level view and the street view of your house.
- Choose the exit ground level view option to revert back to the aerial view of your home.
Similar to this process, you can look for any location by business name, address, latitude longitude coordinates, local name and keywords. If you are in a new neighbourhood, you can simply virtually walk around and get to understand the businesses and services around your locality. These images would not be live in real time because Google updates their images depending on different factors like security, resources, location and weather from time to time.
How To Use Real Time Location on Different Situations
It is pretty accurate that like other applications and tools the real time location of Google maps is also easy to use and quite expensive. Google map live location is easy to share when you are opening Google maps. You need to set the default setting of the timing which is one hour. When it comes to Google earth live map, you can easily decrease or increase the timing according to your requirement. When you open the live Google map and your time is over for sharing your location, the recipient will not be capable of locating you further. You can even switch the option off before your time is up.
You can share your live location with one or multiple persons at the same time on Google map live online. You can see all of them located on the top of your mobile screen and you will get a sharing link which is unique for each one of them that will assist you to manage them individually.
The live location or real time location sharing feature is available on both iOS and Android versions. If you are not able to access it on your mobile phone, you need to update the application for Google maps. You need to have the latest version of iOS or Android or your smartphone for experiencing this feature on Google maps.
If you want to use real time location in different situations, the sharing is quite easy and convenient, used in a variety of moments. If you need to share your estimated time when you are driving or you want to stop someone from revealing your location, you can use the app according to every mechanism. If you have a Google account, here at the steps that you need to follow:
- Make sure to add your gmail address when it comes to your Google contacts.
- Now, open the application for Google maps on your Android or iOS device.
- First you need to click on the menu option and add people and then you need to choose a time frame and click on selected people. Choose the people with whom you want to share your location with and then tap on the share option.
If you do not have a Google account, here at the steps that you need to follow:
- Make sure to open the apps for Google map on Android or iOS.
- Tap on the menu and choose the add people option.
- Choose more option and click on copy to clipboard option.
- Now share this link with your contact and people having the link contract your location for the estimated time frame that you choose or up to 72 hours.
These are the easy steps that can help you share your real time live location with someone.
There are many users who has started using real time location feature as it is one of the positive steps taken by Google towards improving personal security and public services. People feel safer now travelling anytime anywhere because they always stay connected to their friends and family.